Make sure your goal is SMART.
Have you ever heard of a SMART goal? Making sure your goal is SMART is a very important step.
What a SMART goal should be:
- Specific – What is your goal? Is it specific enough or is it too broad? What needs to be done so that you can reach your goal? Why do you want to reach your goal?
- Measurable – How can you measure your progress? How will you know if you’re on track?
- Attainable – Can your goal actually be achieved?
- Realistic/relevant – Can YOU achieve your goal? Is the goal worth it?
- Time – What’s your time frame for reaching your goal?
Write down your yearly goals for 2016.
Writing down your goal is a very important part of the process.
Doing so can help you remember it. Whenever I don’t write something down or have it in front of me on a regular basis, I usually forget about it.
If you can’t remember your goal, it would be very hard to reach it. I suggest that you think about:
- Creating a blog;
- Making a vision board;
- Putting post-its around your home that list your yearly goals;
- Placing reminders on your phone, and more.